202 Gannett Drive
South Portland, Maine 04106
How Information is Collected
HistoryIT collects information from and about you in several different ways via the Site.
- Registration and Ordering. Before using certain parts of this Site or ordering products, you must complete an online registration form. During registration, you will be prompted to provide to HistoryIT certain personal information, including but not limited to your name, password, organizational affiliation, shipping and billing address(es), phone number, email address, and credit card information. In addition, HistoryIT may also ask you for your country of residence and/or your organization’s country of operation, so HistoryIT can comply with applicable laws and regulations. This personal information is used for billing purposes, fulfilling your orders, providing purchased services and products, maintaining your HistoryIT accounts, and communicating with you about your order and the Site, and for internal marketing purposes. If HistoryIT encounters a problem when processing your order, it will use your personal information to contact you.
- Account Information. To access some HistoryIT programs and services, you will be asked to sign in with an email address and password, which we use to identify your HistoryIT account.
- Email Addresses. Several locations of the Site permit you to enter your email address for purposes, including, without limitation, to request additional information regarding HistoryIT and our products and services and to sign up for HistoryIT’s email updates and newsletters. Your submissions for these purposes are completely voluntary, so you have a choice whether to participate and disclose information to HistoryIT. HistoryIT uses this information to provide you with updates on HistoryIT products and services
- User Submissions. Certain locations of the Site elicit your feedback regarding the Site and your experiences with HistoryIT’s products and services. Your submissions for these purposes are completely voluntary, so you have a choice whether to participate and disclose information to HistoryIT. Should you choose to submit information in response to these requests, HistoryIT may collect and use your name, geographic location and other information submitted on the Site to market HistoryIT’s products.
- Automatically Generated and Collected Information. In addition to information that you volunteer as described above, the Site utilizes technologies to collect information and track your user experience. HistoryIT will use this information to improve the Site and user experience. In addition, the Site automatically recognizes the Internet URL from which you access this Site and may also log your Internet protocol (“IP”) address (which may indicate the location of your computer on the Internet), Internet service provider, type of web browser, and date/time stamp for system administration, order verification, internal marketing, and system troubleshooting purposes.
- Age. HistoryIT respects children’s privacy and will not knowingly or intentionally collect personal information from children under age 13. As stated in the Terms of Service, you have represented and warranted that you are at least 13 years of age or using the Site with the supervision of a parent or guardian. If you are under the age of 13, do not, under any circumstance, submit any personal information to us and always rely on a parent or guardian to assist you.
Generally, HistoryIT collects the above information to improve your experience at the Site, to provide you with information that you have requested, to improve the products and services that HistoryIT sells via the Site and otherwise, and to communicate with you regarding the Site and HistoryIT’s products and services.
In the event HistoryIT uses your email address to communicate with you, it will provide you with the option to unsubscribe or opt out of future emails. Please note that HistoryIT may have to communicate with you about orders that you choose to place. Accordingly, you cannot opt out of receiving order-related emails.
The Site incorporates physical, electronic, and administrative procedures to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal information, including Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”) for all financial transactions through the Site. HistoryIT uses SSL encryption to protect your personal information online, and HistoryIT also takes steps to protect your personal information in HistoryIT’s facilities. Further HistoryIT relies on third-party service providers for the physical security of some of HistoryIT’s computer hardware. HistoryIT believes that their security procedures are adequate. While HistoryIT believes that it uses industry-standard precautions to safeguard your personal information, as is the case with all web site, it cannot guarantee complete security.
Opt Out and Corrections
Upon your request, HistoryIT will (a) correct or update your personal information; (b) stop sending emails to your email address; and/or (c) disable your account to prevent any future purchases through that account. These requests should be directed to:
Attn: Customer Service
202 Gannett Drive
South Portland, Maine 04106
Please do not email your credit card number or other sensitive information. Please note that HistoryIT may have to communicate with you about orders that you choose to place. Accordingly, you cannot opt out of receiving order-related emails.
Applicability & Revisions